Associate Software Engineer
Graduates will join the team, learning how to rapidly and effectively deliver great software in an Agile environment that adds real value to our customers. You will work with and learn from our best tech talent, being coached, challenged and mentored as you progress!
Associate software engineer
2019 GRADUATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
As an associate software engineer, you will work as part of an Agile team to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers. You will be challenged. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard working with more experienced staff. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver real value by working as part of an agile team to solve real business problems.
- Communicate and collaborate with your team and customers to have exposure to the entire software development lifecycle.
- Be supported in delivering high quality, tested and secure code following the processes and standards within the team.
- Use a range of architectures, tools and frameworks, and have the opportunity to experiment and learn new technologies.
- Have the opportunity to suggest and implement new ideas and innovations.
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from developers across our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it.
- Listen to and empathize with our customers to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Understand the importance and principles of writing clean, quality code.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation. Someone who doesn’t just dream it, but gets it done.
- Show a desire to learn from others, knowing when to ask for help.
- Be willing to share their own experiences and expertise.
- Be interested in technology and actively keep their skills up-to-date.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or an IT-related discipline, at a minimum of a 2:2, or be studying for one currently.
- Relevant work or placement experience.
- A proven ability to deliver working code.
- While we are working remotely for the forseeable future, you do need to be able to access either the Dublin or Belfast office at short notice for regular team meet-ups, once it is safe for us all to do so’
Frequently asked questions
When do Associate Software Engineers start?
We have multiple intakes throughout the year, you will be asked about your preferred start date during the recruitment process and we will take this into account.
Do my university results affect my chances of being offered a role?
We require at least a 2:2 degree and will request copies of your results when you get them.
I graduated a couple of years ago, can I still apply?
We accept applications from all recent graduates from degrees related to information technology.