Kinds of information we collect
We may gather the following information about you:
- Your IP address. This is automatically collected by our web server and is not linked to anything personally identifiable. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are on the internet.
- Personal information. This will be collected if you decide to contact us using one of our direct email links, or if you choose to apply for one of our employment opportunities using our online application form. We may gather the following personal information about you:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Any other personal information you provide to us either by email or on our online application form, including your occupation and information about your qualifications, education, current and previous employment and work experience.
How we use information
We may use your information in some or all of the following ways:
- to respond to your request for information regarding employment opportunities at Liberty Information Technology or for other information requests, and to process requests or submissions regarding employment opportunities;
- where you have applied for a job, to process your application and to assess your suitability for the role and to keep you updated about the recruitment, selection and interview process. We will hold such personal information relating to your application for an employment opportunity for up to 6 months following the outcome of your application;
- in respect of your IP address, to monitor the number of pages accessed on our Website, help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. We will not link your IP address to anything personally identifiable, so you will remain anonymous in the analysis of these logs.
Any information that is provided by you will be treated in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable privacy legislation and in Ireland, in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and any secondary legislation which relates to personal data.
Direct email communications with Liberty Information Technology will not result in your email address being added to a mailing list.
Security of information
We will take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of information
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a legal process or regulatory obligation;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- where we have your prior consent to do so;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Liberty Information Technology, or its parent company, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information will be one of the transferred assets.
We will ensure that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential and treat it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable legislation (and in Ireland, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and all applicable legislation).
In any other circumstance we will only share information with third parties with your written consent.
Transfer of information outside the European Economic Area
How long do we keep your information?
Request for information
You have a right to ask for a copy of the personal data which we hold about you (for which we may make a small charge) and to correct any inaccuracies. You also have a right to have your personal data blocked or deleted. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Liberty Information Technology aims to ensure that personal information held about you is accurate and up to date, that it is held securely and only for so long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately of any changes in your personal details which could cause the personal information held by us to be inaccurate.
Liberty Information Technology Limited
24-26 Adelaide Street
Tel: +44 28 9044 5500
Fax: +44 28 9044 5511
Registered Office as Above
Registered in Northern Ireland NI 31780
VAT Registration No: GB 689 9852 37